This is the final release to accompany Parallel Programming with Microsoft® .NET
. It includes:
- Separate downloads of the sample code for every chapter in C#, Visual Basic and F#.
- Some fixes for minor bugs in the source code from Drop 7.
- An additional PDF containing answers to the end of chapter questions.
- Color versions of the screen shots in Appendix B.
- Source code and profiler screenshots to accompany Ade Miller's talk on Patterns of Parallel Programming.
You will need .NET 4 and at least Visual Studio 2010 Express
to run the samples. However, you will need Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate
to use some the parallel diagnostic tools such as the Concurrency Visualizer. Note:
Visual Studio Express users will see the following message when you open the Visual Studio solution (.sln) file for each of these samples: "Solution Folders are not supported in this version of Visual Studio. Solution Folder 'Solution Items' will be displayed as unavailable." Although this folder is not available in Visual Studio Express, you can still build and run the projects. A separate "Book Samples - Express" solution is also provided. Refer to the README.txt file for a brief description of each project and which chapter it relates to.Getting the Book
The eBook is already available from O'Reilly
and Safari Books Online
. The printed book can also be ordered from O'Reilly
and is available on Amazon etc.
Most of the content is also available on the MSDN Library: Parallel programming with Microsoft .NET
. The layout isn’t as nice but all the content is there.